As I can’t go to sleep just yet because I took a 3 hour nap until 8 pm earlier, I’m now wide awake. You may argue, that yes, I could lie in bed now, watching the last hour of Return of the Jedi, which I couldn’t finish before my nap, cause my head hurt and I was just tired but no.
Instead, I decided to write this post first because I was awarded three different blogging awards in one day!!! Isn’t that amazing? I was blown away this morning when I logged onto my computer and found this out. Just blown away. (I know I’ve been overusing the exclamation marks but I couldn’t help it).
Now, I don’t know which award post to do first and who to nominate because I feel like I don’t follow enough blogs for that purpose, yet my inbox is always so full with new post mails that I generally am behind on my catching up with them.
I’m not sure with which award I should begin, but … as … I … need … to … decide… I … choose … The Versatile Blogger Award. There, I did it, I chose one.
Then let’s begin. I was awarded this beautiful (greeeeen :-)) award by Lauren and it made me so happy because it means a lot to me. I simply blog about stuff on my mind, so thank you a LOT, Lauren. By the way, I love (!!!!) your background picture of the bookshelves!
First things first, the rules:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
Thank the person who gave you this award.
Include a link to their blog.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I’ll start with the 7 things about myself.
1. I love to sing, I sing all day long, sometimes quietly in my head, sometimes very loud. I sing while brushing my teeth, driving a car, shopping for groceries. Only when I am deeply stressed or depressed I stop singing because I don’t have the time or lack the perfect song to pour my little heart into.
2. I have a 15 cm long scar on my left thigh. I got it from an operation when I was 15 to correct my hip dysplasia. They cut out a small triangle out of my thigh bone which resulted in me having 2 legs with different lengths. It’s no biggie though and in comparison to all those other scary diseases out there, I gladly take my orthopedic problems.
3. There are only a few books I started to read and never finished, the most recent one was Moby Dick. I felt bad about it, because it’s a classic but it was simply too much for me. Too long and boring. Sorry Melville.
4. I love to pack my suitcase!! For a lot of people it’s a pain in the ass, not for me. I thrive on organizing my stuff, thinking about what to take with me, making the most out of a limited space.
5. I’m very suggestible, when I read a book/ watch a great movie or TV show and find something in there that I love, then I want to do it/ have it etc. The list gets longer and longer. By now, I want to become a famous writer, Anthropologist, bookstore owner, get a PhD in whatever. I know there is more but it’s all I can remember at the moment. Even this blog resulted out of me reading a Kathy Reichs novel.
6. I’m 24 and I’ve never been in a relationship.
7. I don’t drink alcohol because I fear to get addicted, to loose control, not being able to stop it. I saw both my mom and dad drink quite a lot during my childhood (not saying any of them were alcoholics but it felt pretty close sometimes). Also, at parties, there’s always this point where someone did drink too much and the mood switches from being fun to not being fun at all anymore. That’s when I leave and since I didn’t have anything to drink I can easily drive away :-)
Crossing off the first thing, here come the nominees:
On Windy Days (I know you’ve already been awarded this one, but I wanted to give you something back for all the attention you’re trying to shove in my direction)
Tom Baker’s Morning Erection
The Modern Woman’s Society
Ok, I know it says to nominate 15 blogs but that is way too much for me, so I’ll leave it at those 4 blogs, I’m sorry I can’t nominate more, I just can’t. Besides, there’s no one to tell me otherwise, no blogging police will take the picture away from me, so go figure. I’m sticking with this. Now, I can go to sleep, or at least return to my Star Wars movie :D
The other award post will shortly follow. Until then, take care boys and girls!